OUR GRATITUDE

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS

Cover of "The Prayer Chest: A Novel About...Cover via Amazon

GOOGLE
"If you change the way you look at things,
the things you look at change."

Dr. Wayne Dyer: Self-development author and speaker

I read this in an email this morning from Nightingale-Conant and it slapped me right in the face. I joked with my friend Michele about this yesterday, but it really wasn't funny. I use humor to take the sting off the things I know I am still floundering with, but need to change. I jokingly said to her, "seriously what do I have to do, be psychoanalyzed?" That was a question about an addiction I have developed to replace smoking 3 1/2 packs of cigarettes and a bottle of alcohol 2 years ago, with of all things, potato sticks.

I learn something new everyday, I try something new everyday, I know what my plans are but putting them down and moving toward them is truly frightening when one begins to believe the dream may actually come true, and you may actually have to do the work. The synchronicities become so overwhelming, you cannot decide where to begin. The beginning or the end.

Many years a go I was given an opportunity to make a dream come true and was moving everyday in the direction of its completion,amidst great defeat and turmoil, but I chose to take care of my mother at the time (she was sick with Cancer, and asked me to care for her at home) and leave the dream behind. The funny thing is, I was grieving for the loss of my child, (tomorrow is the Anniversary my child's passing) but I was fully believing that I was moving in the direction of my dream,seeing it coming to fruition; and the night before I went to stay with my mother, the one thing missing in the dream...came face to face with me,(the major financing) and I had to say, no. I still wonder if that was self-sabotage or was I just doing the right thing by leaving it all behind to be a good daughter, and a good mother. Well, today is when I stop wondering about it and start moving forward in my dream. Win or lose, pass or fail, it begins today.

I am in the process of creating a blueprint for a day program for high functioning adults debilitated from disabilities, either physical or mental. When I first became debilitated with Agoraphobia 4 years ago, there were no programs like this available for me in my community. I want to create that program and I am taking the first baby steps toward it with a new Social Network that I am creating called "The Prayer Chest." The purpose of the Network is to sell the book "The Prayer Chest," and use the minuscule proceeds from those sales to fund the creation of the program. I am looking to sell 1 million copies. The proceeds are only like 6 cents from the sale of each book, but the authors(2 ministers) will reap the benefit of the sales and I will be able to fund this community project. Please let others know and ask them to come here and click on the link to purchase the book from Amazon.com, or go to my Craft Blog and purchase it there. There is a vital and necessary need for this program in my community and I want to payback for the help that I have gotten by re-creating the resources I used to find recovery. I believe I can do this, and I believe that it will benefit my commjunity greatly and maybe other communities as well. Please sendd this to a friend or pass it along any way you can. Please, people need this program.

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: