OUR GRATITUDE

Sunday, December 28, 2008

PULLING OFF THE BAND-AID OF 2008


It's funny how long it takes us to pull all the decorations out, hang the lights, and set up all our little Christmas lawn ornaments. Taking them down though is so fast. Why is that? I went into my house last night and when I came out today, every semblance of Christmas glitter was gone from all the neighboring lawns, except my own. I was still busy in the house tinkering with my new Christmas toys. I told my friends it was like the last scene in a Santa movie where he shows up in town, everyone believes he's real, and when you go back the next day...he's gone. "Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus" is a good example of that, but just when she is ready to give up on her Christmas dream...it shows up. The cane being left behind is such a poignant touch. My lawn was like that cane today, all that was left of Christmas was the lawn ornaments I still had up. My little Angel and my Santa Sign were the only visions left behind, and probably tomorrow they will be gone also.

It takes a few days to let the let-down sink in and bring us back to our old selves. To some it's like pulling off a band-aid...really quick. For me, I like to savor the last few days of the year and reflect on what has come into my life, and what new things I expect for the New Year. This is going to be a big year for me...I've made my goals and prayed my prayers, set my plans in motion, and can't wait to see them evolve from the dreams they came in. It took some time, but I never lost hope, and I know that this is the year I reap the rewards of my work.

What kind of plans have you made? Have you set a mission statement for your business or even for your personal life? You can get a little help with it on one of my other blogs MASTER BOOKS Nightingale Conant has one where you can just fill in the blanks and it helps to put all the pieces together. Make it a commitment this year to write one, let it be your New Year's Resolution. It will give you a much better idea of what to expect from yourself by this time next Year. Give it a try.





GOOGLE

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: