OUR GRATITUDE

Thursday, March 17, 2011

"We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with."

Visualization of the various routes through a ...Image via WikipediaGOOGLE
 My post yesterday talked about how, after reading a comment a woman made on a
NAMI blog, set my mind to reeling. Well, it did not stop there. It seems that this one discovery had led me down a path, not by my own choosing but on the path anyway. The attempt to shake my faith failed, and I am here to tell you that that is how fleeting moments are, and how powerful they can be. The devil slides in whenever he can and tries to take our faith from us. He is constantly trying to break our faith to satisfy him/herself. I was happy to read this today that led me back to the path I belong on.
"We know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body ruled by sin might be done away with." Roman 6:6 
I was barely a glimmer in God's eye, yet part of his plan long before I was born. We were all there on the cross in Christ's heart. This is explained in Roman 5 12:21. Here Paul explains that we were all subject to death through Adam, so we can all receive the gift of  new life through Christ. 
"There is still sin in us, but it is no longer my master. Jesus is." When he died and rose, so did we, and that reality changes everything. 
Whatever is happening in our life, even when we sin, we must all remember that Christ has already taken our sin, not that that is an excuse to sin, because it is not. But staying on a holy path each day may be a struggle, but to be worthy we  commit to try, EVERYDAY.
Lord, Help us to believe in the transforming power of the resurrection in our own life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: