OUR GRATITUDE

Sunday, April 13, 2008

MOTIVATION VS BATHING?

Personification of knowledge (Greek Επιστημη, Episteme) in Celsus Library in Ephesus, Turkey.Image via Wikipedia"People often say that motivation doesn't last. Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
Zig Ziglar

My computer, lately has developed a mind of it’s own. I do not know how they do that, but every computer I have ever owned, eventually, controls me more than I control it. Being obstinate this weekend, it gave me some time to catch up on some significant reading.

Reading is an essential tool in any phase of life. Not all people share that idea, but more should. The more knowledge we acquire the more direct our life becomes. I have been criticized for not always knowing what I want out of my life. Luckily I have learned that “what other people think of me is not my business”. I think that has become my motto because I use it at least once a day. My friends and I have made it part of our “SAD”.
“SAD” is single action daily, like in the quote above by Zig Ziglar. Having inspiration daily can come in different ways. I get several quotes in my emails daily that I pass along with a joke to keep my family’s spirits high each day. As a leader I have always had the need for knowing exactly how to motivate others and words of inspiration seem to be the most direct way to do that. I have a collection of affirmations that I am attempting to commit to memory. There is one for every day of the year.

Success in everything you ever do, can only be claimed through motivation, and motivation can be received from inspiration. Napoleon hill refers to it as DEFINITENESS OF PURPOSE. I have never heard anyone becoming successful by accident. There may be success through inheritance, if we are talking about money or business, but personal success starts from within and moves without….The inspiration that I share is both within and without. I like to share my inspiration, my joy, my love for all things beautiful, there is no joy in just keeping them for myself. The real joy is in what you give “without” from “within.”

No comments: