OUR GRATITUDE

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

THE COST OF MEDIOCRITY!

The Genie during a dramatization of Image via Wikipedia"When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
Wayne Dyer

This quote would have meant nothing to me, had I not been awakened by “The Secret” and transformed even more by Eckhart Tolle…and of course Wayne Dyer.

I read something today in a message from Mike Glaspie that reminded me of that quote.
“Successful people talk about , think about and test ideas. Unsuccessful people talk about and think about people.”

ALSO:
“The price you pay for mediocrity is more than the cost of success.”

In the past year, the way my mind has developed through many hours of personal effort and study, has made me realize the truth of all those quotes. Simple but clear statements that define my new life. I do not care to judge others and I very carefully pick and choose what I think about and talk about. It is a joyful, everyday, effort that I have reaped huge rewards from. I have been happy to share it with friends and family and see the ways that this has also affected them. It is my pleasure when I see that in others.

I wanted to end tonight with a humorous note, and when you see the content you will understand how the tiny miracles in my life show up, this is from my jounal:

So, I am sitting here at 9:30 still have not written my blogs for today and I am enthralled by this pdf file I got in my email today about a case study that shows people are more attracted to negative headlines than they are to positive ones. I am just turning to page 7 when my cat POGO jumps up on the back of the chair next to me to get in the window. Well, he should know by now that it is a no no…but he’s a cat, what can I say. I get him out of the window and go back to page 7 and see this: TRICK #6 CURIOSITY KILLED THE CAT. Welcome to what Michele and Kristine call Annie’s world…Meanwhile the cat got back in the window and got really mad when I tried to take him down…They are new blinds…but he doesn’t care.

Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this:
THE SECRET

Thoughts do become things.
There are no coincidences.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receive.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: