OUR GRATITUDE

Thursday, April 3, 2008

THE FIRST DAY !


As a huge fan of affirmations and quotes, I seem to run across two or three everyday and sometimes there are several that actually show me the direction my day will take.

"There is nothing we like to see so much as the gleam of pleasure in a person's
eye when he feels that we have sympathized with him, understood him At these
moments something fine and spiritual passes between two friends. These are the
moments worth living."


Don Marquis

From Oprah’s mission Statement Newsletter 04-03-2008


"Believe in yourself and there will come a day when others will have no choice but to believe with you."


Cynthia Kersey



Today I am beginning a new project. A project out of love for a friend to reward a woman who has been a nurse her entire adult life. Funny thing, I have never met her, but I know her already. I have her photos in my living room which I am about to through to create a video of her life, as she celebrates her retirement with her family and friends. She has received many awards during her life of service to others, and she should be given the respect and admiration that a life like hers deserves. And I will create and complete this project with that in ">mind.

We each go through our lives, doing what we do, because of who we are. There are some that are rich and powerful because they have been born into money, there are some that use entrepreneurial skills to create a huge empire, there are those that work a physically laboring job everyday, and some that work at home raising children and providing a haven for their families. We all have some manner of purpose in our daily life. I think that people that dedicate their lives to the service of others, deserve accolade upon accolade when that job is done. This woman truly deserves that and I will try my best to put that into this project, so she knows how thankful the world is for people like her.

Putting gratitude into a project first, is assurance that the task will be completed, and the ways will be shown to do them. As I shuffle through this woman’s life through her picture and memorabilia a way will be shown.

There is no task impossible, there is a path through any door, it just always starts with gratitude and baby steps. Fear of trying will be just that….FEAR. Fear does not exist when you create from within. Quiet your mind and the ways will approach. Open your mind and you will hear the directions.

Please remember that this is Autism Awareness Month and there is a project going to awaken the world to the need for services and recognition for this topic. Join these incredible moms and others, to hit this ball out of the park. (No, I am not a fan of baseball, I just do not always know where these words come from, I am just the vessel that are delivered in.)

Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this:
THE SECRET

Thoughts do become things.
There are no coincidences.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receive.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: