OUR GRATITUDE

Friday, April 25, 2008

What was before the Beatles? Dinosaurs?

The appearance of The Beatles on The Ed Sullivan Show, February 9, 1964, marked the dramatic start of the British Invasion.Image via WikipediaI read an article yesterday that brought “instinct” to mind, and it took a hold of my conscience. I have been thinking about how I am affected by relationships. I have in the past not known when things were about to get rocky. I have always tried to see the best in everyone, but I have realized now, how bad my instincts have been lately, and how alert I need to be about them.

Knowing that there is a huge difference between being lonely and being alone, is helpful when I think about the people that I really cannot keep in my life. It is sad, but we all change (hopefully for the better), and as we change, our environment changes, and so the people we associate with does also. It is all dependent on what direction you plan on going. When I was 16, my friends were all in love with my boyfriend because the Beatles were new to us, and he looked like Paul McCartney (actually he still does) but we all had that in common along with other 16 year old things. When I was 30, divorced, and working in a man’s world, while token women were still being sought after, I surrounded myself with women that were successful as I was then. When I re-married and had another set of children, I was an at home Mom for awhile, so my friends were married moms. Here I am close to a milestone and even greater success is on my mind. Actually more than ever. This is the milestone that counts the most to me, because it will be “all mine,” meaning not a husband or one of my children’s successes, my own success in my own time and my own way, so the friends I choose and find I am happy to be with, will be again, like me., successful. The Law of Attraction will always be in place, once you open Pandora’s box, there is no closing going on except a Real Estate one…..
I guess I really dated myself with this posting....well, at least I'm dating...just kidding.

No comments: