OUR GRATITUDE

Tuesday, February 19, 2008

HAVE YOU PACKED YOUR OWN CHUTE?

"I have always believed, and I still believe, that whatever good or bad fortune may come our way we can always give it meaning and transform it into something of value."

Hermann Hesse
1877-1962, Novelist and Poet

This thought creates these questions, “Is you glass half empty, or half full?” “Do you pack your own chute?”, “What side of the bed did you get up on?” These are all ways of asking “How’s that working for you?” Sorry Dr. Phil, it just seemed to make my point so well.

As we go through life, we find answers to those questions, and when it is not working for us, we try another way. However, there are some that really cannot just try another way, they have issues that keep them stuck in the “half empty” mode. have reasons why their life is always “half empty”, and they usually sound like this, “well, I had a bad childhood,” “I am not educated,” “I am not capable”, when the simple reason is they cannot just change their mind, or direction.

I learned to change my mind and my direction when I was first introduced to ”The Secret” on "The Oprah Show" and “The Law of Attraction.” I smoked for over 4o years, never knowing that the secret to quitting was already planted in my mind. I had playing the message for years, it was this: “I just want to wake up one day and never smoke again.” That is exactly what I did, with no withdrawal, no cravings, less trouble than anything I had ever done before. By the Way, I also quit drinking alcohol. I drank every night when I would get home from work. My thought was , “I need to relax”. I don’t need that any more either. I got that from just learning ONE OF THE LAWS OF THE UNIVERSE. There are so many more.

I have taken the messages I got from "The Secret" and used them to stop these behaviors. Let me help you. All you have to do is ask. And remember these things.

Thoughts do become things.
Miracles are all around you.
There are no coincidences.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: