OUR GRATITUDE

Sunday, February 24, 2008

LOVE AND DO WHAT YOU WILL!

“Existing problems cannot be solved with the same mindset that created them.”

Everyday I get countless emails, and included with some, are quotations. I am sorry to say, this one slipped by me and I have no credit to offer with it, but the premise is something, I feel compelled to share.

“The Secret” is the tool I used to aid in my recovery, and from that I learned to apply The Law of Attraction to my life, and as a result, I am changing the information that I take in, to attract the environment of the world I want to live in. (PHEW) Today as I am sitting here reading "A New Earth, Awakening to your Life’s Purpose, “ by Eckhart Tolle, from Oprah's book club. I am reminded of a time, when the quotation above, would have just flashed through my mind and no thought would have been applied to it. It is the most direct and simple answer to what you experience when you apply LOA to your life. You change your mind set, which is a stepping stone.

An example of a situation in which, the above sentence would be clear is this:

I have had a disagreement with a friend and the disagreement is over something we both feel completely different about. When you reach that point, there is no need to continue the conversation. It should end right there. Trying to be right is not your purpose, your purpose is to be true~~ within. St. Augustine put it this way:

“Love and do what you will.” (Tolle, Penquin Group, 2005, p.72). In other words, LET IT GO. What relevance is there in disagreement? What purpose does it serve to say who is right or wrong? Tolle points out that there are “people addicted to upset and anger as others are to a drug.”(Tolle, p65). Once the impact of that statement connects with your mind, what else can you possibly do? Seriously, will you argue about that? No!

Wars are created by the mind set of “I am right, You are wrong”. If we go back and look through past war history, we will find that it was a disagreement to begin with. We, as Americans, insisting that all other nations not living as we are, are unjust. Our purpose is best served by studying peace instead of war. How many times have you heard that in the past year alone? Mother Theresa, when asked if she would attend an anti -war rally said, to let her know when there is a pro peace rally and she will go. (Nothing I say here can even touch the war we are all battling in our mind about 9/11). We have to change the mind set we have become too comfortable with. I am finding that applying the Law of Attraction has helped me in recovery and has also opened a new world of thought that I have always had, but misunderstood for so long. I want to attract the mind set of Mother Theresa or Eckhart Tolle, not leaders of war, but leaders of peace and peaceful thought. I want to adopt a mind set of frivolity and joy and I want parents everywhere to want that also. Our children should not be influenced by “the baggage of old thought,” (Tolle, p66), they should be influenced by the attraction of powerful peace, action, they should not be raised with the significance placed on right or wrong, it should be placed within.

When I was raised, the mind set that my parents had, was that of their own parents, whom they criticized openly. When I began to raise my own children I swore not to raise my children in the way of my parents, so I chose my own way. I raised my children to know the difference between right and wrong, but that was not where I placed the emphasis. I placed the emphasis on being a good person, being a person that would attract others that were good. I already had placed in my mind, the method by what I taught my children, but unknowingly.

The Law of Attraction
was the stepping stone I adopted to put the thoughts that were already in my mind, in place. When we begin to open our mind to what is within, we see that we have already set the patterns to right~~~within. Take the journey through your mind and discover the “baggage of old thought" and replace it with new thought from ~~within.

Faith is believing that the universe
is on our side, and that the universe
knows what it’s doing.
Author Unknown From an excerpt from one of Jack Canfield’s books.


Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this:

Thoughts do become things.

There are no coincidences.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receive.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: