OUR GRATITUDE

Thursday, February 21, 2008

HIPPIES ARE ALIVE AND WELL, LIVING WITHIN!

"Happiness is not something ready made... It comes from your own actions."

Dalai Lama
From Oprah’s Mission statement newsletter.

The ability of each individual to FIND happiness, WHEN IT DOES NOT EXIST WITHIN, is in itself, a life altering decision. Not every human being is capable of happiness without some amount of effort. There are people that go through all, or most of their life, content to recognize that what they experience without, is happiness. It becomes another process altogether, when happiness is not recognized within.

Having experienced both, I am fortunate to know the difference. It is those that have never experienced happiness within, that look their noses down, or judge those, that find happiness within.

Having been a child of the sixties, I have witnessed that judgment. Yes, there really were hippies and no, I would not really consider myself as having been one. Hippies were labeled, mainly as people who knew within. People that listened to their spiritual voice. People that connected with “The Divine.”

I ran across an article by Therese Borchard today, and there was a controversial discussion about mental health, how others view it, and what is being done in that field. I understand the controversy about medication vs “pulling up the bootstrap” theory, but can say, from personal experience this:

Unless a person is at therapeutic level they cannot accept responsibility for within. I believe that people should be able to live happily without medication, but it really depends on the individual. I believe that mental illness exists and I also believe, in most cases, it is necessary to maintain with medication, but stopping there is where I begin to disagree. It is necessary, as you take medication to reach therapeutic level, that you also find a method to study within, so that you learn to find happiness and satisfaction within, therefore happiness and satisfaction without.

I have been fortunate enough to have found ”The Secret,“ (first featured on Oprah) which became the tool that helped me in my recovery. Recovery does not have to be a temporary state of mind and medication does not have to become a permanent diet. State of mind can be controlled by adopting a mind set. We all have the same ability to choose the mind set from a therapeutic state of mind. My choice was to live in abundance of all things.

Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this:

Thoughts do become things.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receivebelieve
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: