OUR GRATITUDE

Friday, March 21, 2008

EXIT HERE

I am on information overload today and enjoying every moment of it. I just got finished watching the third week of the Oprah Book Club with Eckhart Tolle and I am just brimming with AHA, and OMG…I have been saying that all of my life… moments

As I started to write this post, I looked back to the first page of the notebook I was writing in thinking it began with this class. Well, I realize, that in an attempt to understand why I already had a connection with the “NOW,” I grabbed my DVD of “The Secret” back from my friend Michele last night and took some notes from the movie. The notes I refer to are from one of the extras of the movie, where Bob Proctor is talking and he says, and this is not a direct quote, but if it is, here are the quotation marks, “Belief system is based on our evaluation. Re-evaluate your belief. You can only attract what you are
IN HARMONY WITH.

On page 78 of “A New Earth” Awaken to Your Life’s Purpose”, Eckhart Tolle says “Awareness is the power that is concealed within the present moment…That is why we call it Presence. The ultimate purpose of human existence, which is to say, your purpose is to bring that power into this world.” “Our purpose is to bring awareness to life. If you don’t have a good relationship with “Now,” you don’t have a good relationship with life, because “LIFE IS NOW.”

“You can only attract what you are in harmony with.” You must be in harmony with “PRESENCE.”

I have been saying since I began reading this book that these things are so déjà vu and now I know why. Again, the book to me, is an extension of “The Secret.” I suppose Oprah already knows that, which is why she is Oprah. But, for me, this is just wonderful. My mind which has been labeled as clinically depressed for most of my life, has never been depressed, it has just connected to the wrong “PRESENCE.”

I have had so many AHA moments from the first time I saw ”The Secret” on Oprah and now she has segued into this “awakening.” As I was taking notes through the replay of this class, I wrote this “We need to elect a president that “HAS BEEN AWAKENED”. to help this EVALUATION OF PEACE. We need to raise the percentages of people that are willing to challenge WAR. We should never again be subjected to war. There should never be circumstances which lead us there. More people need to awaken to this thought and begin to practice “Pro Peace”. In the class with Oprah and Eckhart they referred to the Vietnam War and the so called hippies that opposed the war and stood up for peace and fought against the war with demonstrations. The only thing I can see wrong with that entire issue is the number of people that had never experienced this “awakening” in their life. Those that never recognized the tiny little space between the ego and within. This is where we begin to evolve to a higher dimension, which is where we should have been 30 plus years ago.

There is too much material resounding this awareness for us to ignore any longer. Those that recognize this need to stand up and say…”War is never a solution, we never have to be right or wrong we just have to be kind.” I realize that that is simplistic, but the thought is there.

Accepting this moment as it is can connect us with the dimension of depth in ourselves.

This is how we learn to quiet the Ego (mind), by being more fully present NOW. The Now is the hidden exit of the “ego”, because the “ego” does not want you to know that the “Now” is the exit out. From somewhere this comes to mind from the seventies, like I would remember anything form then…”There is no Exit”. I believe it was a play. I just remember coming home one night from a movie and seeing it painted in red on the walkway to our house on campus. I realize this is my mind threading, but the thread leads me to “EXIT HERE.”


Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this:
THE SECRET

Thoughts do become things.

There are no coincidences.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receive.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: