OUR GRATITUDE

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

IT'S NO "SECRET", IT IS THE ANSWER!

I find that as each day goes by, more and more people are finding it difficult to cope in their everyday life. There are many views on how to handle daily life issues, but for me the solution to change is in the mind set that one wakes up in everyday.

Having suffered most of my life with clinical depression, manifesting to Agoraphobia, I feel qualified by my experiences with mental health issues to suggest the solution that worked for me.

I was always looking for a reason for the way my life was turning out, and the only thing I ever found, were the excuses for my behavior. The worst thing about that is that mental health workers and everyone around me were letting me get away with that. I believe now, once you recognize that you suffer from any one of thousands of mental health issues, you cannot just go back to ignoring it. You must stay focused and on track with recovery, at all times.

I found my way back from this last brush with depression by way of "The Secret". There is a soothingly, relaxing recovery, sitting embedded in the movie. I know that most people that read the book did not get the same results that I did from the movie, but what I got (along with help from my mental health worker) was a life altering experience.

I do not wake up everyday now, with the same old mind set. I wake up, Thank God for every bit of my life and begin to move through my day. At the end of the day, I again Thank God for my recovery and everything I have in my life. The material things to me are not so significant in my life, but I still Thank God for them. I mainly Thank him for the new way I process what takes place in my life. I m on a journey that is filled with mind awakening adventures and waking up everyday now is not a dreaded experience.

I have a blog about mental illnesses and because of The Law of Attraction I am gathering more resources daily to help others find the necessary tools to change their minds to change their life, but the very first I suggest that anyone do is:
Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this: THE SECRET

Thoughts do become things.
There are no coincidences.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receive.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: