OUR GRATITUDE

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

QUIETING THE MIND!

Eckhart Tolle and Oprah discussed "quieting the mind" during their first of ten classes online, Monday nights for 10 weeks. During the conversation he said "just make sure you check to see if you are breathing". I found that odd, and it has been running through my mind a great deal since then. Tonight I discovered what they were talking about. It's the method of breathing you use to quiet the mind.

When I meditate there are seconds in time when an old cartoon runs through my mind. I picture a table with just talking heads on it. It was probably in a "Three Stooges show". That is the kind of humor they had. The feeling of detachment from the body is so surreal (of course), in the sense that although my hands are touching my thighs as I sit cross legged, I begin to lose contact with the feeling of my hands on my thighs. At one point I felt something touch the tops of both hands, as if someone was trying to reassure me.

Eckhart Tolle offered the fact that someone compared the experience of "quieting the mind" to "dropping acid", only the acid experience was more violent in nature. I was intrigued enough to spend more time finding the experience, and I did. There is no experience that I can compare it to. There is no greater peace, ever. It helps me to understand separating from the "ego."
It is a concept I was having difficulty understanding, but feeling it makes it real for me now.

If you are taking this class, getting in touch with this experience is something that I recommend, it is beginning to show in my daily reaction to the normal events that take place in our lives, everyday.

Make a choice to watch it, read it or live it…but at least try it, and remember this: THE SECRET

Thoughts do become things.
There are no coincidences.
Miracles are all around us.
Ask, Believe and you will receive.
It all begins with baby steps.

No comments: